Mid to Late 18th century flintlock pistol with 7.5" part octagonal brass barrel to the top flat 'London', further stamped to the side flat with proof marks, marked to the lock 'Wilson', with London proofs, mounted on walnut grips with brass furniture, overall length 35cm.
Richard born 1703. Apprenticed to uncle, Thomas Green, 1718; free of Gunmakers Co., 1725. Proof piece and mark, 1730. Elected Assistant, 1734; Master, 1741. Gunmaker, at the Fowler, Minories, took over business of Agnes Green, 1730. Contractor to Ordnance, from 1746; East India Co., 1733-6; Hudsonâ€™s Bay Co., 1730-56; Royal African Co., 1739. With son, William, became Richard & William Wilson & Co., 1757-9; Richard Wilson & Co., 1759-66. Died 1766.
William Son of Richard born 1732. Apprenticed to father, 1747; free of Gunmakers Co., 1754. Proof pieces, 1756. Elected Assistant, 1756; Master, 1760, 1769, 1772, 1774. Took Livery, 1778. Became partner with father, 1756. After fathers death in 1766, used same mark, traded as William Wilson & Co., 154 Minories, 1767-93; then as William Wilson & Son, 1794 until his death in 1808. Contractor to Ordnance, East India Co., Hudson Bay Co. and America. Succeeded by William.